There are many ways that you can get involved in serving the church and the church family. If you would like information on any of the ministries listed here or on the form, please check your areas of interest and submit the form..
If you would like to discover how God has designed you to serve Him, register for BodyLife. This class helps you to identify your gifts for service and seeks to partner you with ministry opportunities that maximize your God-given design.
The ALERT Team assists as Good Samaritans for medical problems until 911 arrives. Volunteers are needed once a month, for special events and holidays. Volunteers must be medically trained; i.e. nurses, paramedics, or physicians. Also they must be current in CPR training and AED.
The Benevolence Pantry is in need of the following items: Canned beans, canned ravioli, canned fruit, canned vegetables, cereal, pasta and rice. Please place your donations by the church office and we will pick them up for you
The War Room volunteers pray during either service weekly, monthly, bi-monthly or once a quarter.
Connections in English:
Our ESL ministry offers three levels of instruction to international students within our community with the goal of sharing the Gospel by building meaningful and culturally diverse relationships. During their weekly class, students in beginning, intermediate, and advanced English classes are led in a devotional by our volunteer teachers, exposing them to Christ's love in ways they many never have known about in their country of origin.
Ways you can help:
- Become a volunteer teacher-Enroll in training sessions that enable you to teach our international friends who desire to speak English.
- Serve snacks-Offer simple refreshments during a weekly time of fellowship.
- Provide a scholarship-While classes are free, some students need assistance covering the $20 materials fee for their student book.
- Pray-Lessons always incorporate scripture and prayer. Pray that the hearts of our students will be open to the Gospel through these classes.
Some of our members are home bound and unable to attend church. This ministry visits our homebound members so they still feel connected to the church body. We are in need of men to help us visit. The frequency and time of visits are flexible. If you are interested, please contact Duane Brown at email@example.com.
Can you smile and say good morning? These are two important qualities for our host team volunteers. Our host ministry team needs greeters for our exterior doors on Sunday mornings and hosts for our information centers. Opportunities are available from 8:30 - 9:15, 10:00 -10:45, or 11:45 - 12:15 on one or more Sundays a month depending upon your preferences. If you would be interested in serving in this ministry, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 723-0561. Our most critical needs are 8:30 AM and 10:00 AM.
Micah 6:8 Ministries:
Three years ago God began to give us a vision to minister in a new way to the hurting in our community. This vision was birthed out of God’s Word through the ancient prophet Micah, “He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?” (Micah 6:8). As a church we began to explore where God would have us get involved in justice and mercy ministries in our community. He led us more and more to engage in two specific ministry areas: working with homeless families, and working with children in need of foster care and adoption.
As we prayed about where God would have us move forward with this work, God answered with clear direction once again. In the fall of 2014, He opened the door for FBC to purchase two houses below market value directly across the street from our main church campus on Dairy Road. While God’s plan continues to unfold, we envision 2015 being a year of exciting preparation for the future. Renovation work will be done on the “Micah 6:8 House” and a ministry plan will be established for our work with homeless families. With regard to the second house, a partnership is currently being crystallized with the Florida Baptist Children’s Home which would enable a Christian foster care/adoption advocacy office to be opened here in Melbourne (the first of its kind in the Space Coast and the East Coast of Florida!).
Ways You Can Help
- Pray—pray for God’s continued direction as we lay the ministry groundwork for the future. Pray also for wisdom as our staff will need to learn, discover, and put in place many new things.
- Give—you can give anytime toward this ministry by designating “Micah 6:8” in the memo line of your check made out to “First Baptist Church.” These funds will be used for paying off the two houses, anticipated renovation costs, and other ministry-launching expenses.
- Serve—let us know if you have an interest in serving in either the ministry to homeless families or the ministry to children in need of foster care and adoption. There is much work to be done!
- Spread the Vision—we plan to invite other like-minded churches to join us in these efforts to impact our community. You can help us by spreading your vision and passion to other area believers.
Contact: Doug Mauldin
(321) 723-0561 or email@example.com