Disciple Making Resources
BOOKS ON DISCIPLE-MAKING
- Real Life Discipleship Manual: Equipping Disciples Who Make Disciples, Jim Putman
- Growing Up: How to be a Disciple Who Makes Disciples, Robert Gallaty
- Multiply: Disciples Making Disciples, Francis Chan
- Transforming Discipleship: Making Disciples a Few at a Time, Greg Ogden
- Discipling: How to Help Others Follow Jesus, Mark Dever
- Insourcing: Bringing Discipleship Back to the Local Church, Randy Pope
- The Master Plan of Evangelism, Robert E. Coleman
- The Master Plan of Discipleship, Robert E. Coleman
- Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health, Donald S. Whitney
BOOKS TO USE IN DISCIPLE-MAKING
- Discipleship Essentials: A Guide to Building Your Life in Christ, Greg Ogden
- The Story: Getting to the Heart of God’s Story, Randy Frazee
- Believe: Living the Story of the Bible to Become Like Jesus, Randy Frazee
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life, Donald S. Whitney
- The Cost of Discipleship, Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free, Nancy DeMoss
- Living by the Book: The Art and Science of Reading the Bible, Howard and Bill Hendricks
Discipleship.org-blogs, podcasts, articles, videos, and books on disciple-making
Multiply Movement-Ministry of Francis Chan to equip and encourage disciple-makers
www.multiplymovement.com (Videos and downloadable resources)
https://multiplymovement.wordpress.com/ (Multiply Movement blog with disciple-making articles and resources)
Radical-Resources from David Platt (Sermons, blog posts, videos, and more)
Verge Network-A champion and advocate for movements of Missional Communities (Articles, Interviews, Podcasts, Short Films, Videos)
The Art of Neighboring – One Page Book Review by Mark Van Bever pdf
“Disciple-Making: My Journey and My Approach” by Joe Smith
In this resource, Joe Smith shares about 3 times discipleship relationships where he experienced life-on-life, intentional discipleship and the lessons he learned from those experiences. He also go lays out his approach to disciple-making today, which is a product of those experiences and an attempt to follow the example Jesus set for us in His life and teaching.
“Disciple-Making: My Journey and My Approach” pdf
“First Steps in Establishing a Discipling Relationship”
This resource will help you identify someone to disciple, how to engage with that person, and how to work toward their spiritual growth through the multiple spiritual life stages of a disciple. This resource also has a great list of useful resources appropriate for each of the different spiritual life stages.
“First Steps in Establishing a Discipling Relationship” pdf
“Discipleship-Ology” by Danny Fernandez
This short article lays out 4 essential aspects of discipleship forming a framework for disciple-making. It also includes a list of suggested resources to use in disciple-making.
“Disciple Growth Plan”
Every disciple is to be growing in Christ. When we have a plan, it gives direction for where we are going. This bookmark-sized guide is great to way to make a plan for your growth as a disciple of Christ.
“Discovering Disciples – Life Circles”
This tool will help you think about the people in your life that God may be calling you to disciple and how you can pray for and engage those people with the gospel.
“Discovering Disciples – Life Circles” pdf
“Making Disciples” by Scott Wilson (Teaching notes from 2016 Disciple-Making Summit general session)
This resource addresses the need for every disciple of Christ to be making disciples. In this article 5 questions on how to make disciples are answered including, who should I disciple and what should the discipling relationship look like?
“Common Elements of Discipling” by Dennis Smith (Teaching notes from 2016 Disciple-Making Summit general session)
This resource discusses some common elements in discipling relationships, teaches on Matthew 4:19, and introduces the Real Life Discipleship Wheel.
“Relating to Disciples” by Jim Campbell (Teaching notes from 2016 Disciple-Making Summit general session)
This resource looks at Jesus as the model of our discipling relationships. It speaks to the time, context, and content of a discipling relationship.
“Suggested Resources for Spiritual Life Stages”