Join us on this amazing journey on Saturday, February 8 - Saturday, February 14. This is a week long emphasis to pray and show our family, friends and neighbors the love of Christ. We are encouraging every member to be missional (on mission with God) in reflecting His love to those closest to us and to everyone we encounter.
Everyday when our feet hit the floor we have the opportunity to see our world through the eyes of Jesus and be His hands and feet. We all have many people God has placed in our lives seeking fulfillment and peace through the things of this world. Some are hurting and looking for hope. Others continue to run farther and farther down the road that leads to destruction.
As believers, we are called to be a light “ a city on a hill" that shines bright and penetrates the world around us. Paul tells us in Ephesians 2:10 that we are God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which He prepared in advance for us to do. May God fill us with His spirit so that we can begin to see our world through His eyes and reflect His love LOUD. His incredible love which impacts, changes and reverberates throughout the world.
Our prayer is that this week will be an amazing blessing for you and your family and will carry on into a lifestyle of praying and showing the love of Christ to our neighbors.
Specific ways we can pray for our neighbors
- Pray for people by name when possible, asking God to give you opportunities to serve, give, and build relationships with them.
- Pray for God's blessing and protection on each home and family.
- Pray for families under stress from: finances, marriage, illness,
- Pray that God would open hearts and create a hunger to know Him.
- Pray for God to remove the blindness from their minds (Corinthians 4:4-5)
- Pray for God to bring light into the darkness they are experiencing. (Ephesians 5:8)
- Pray for God to deliver them from the spirit of disobedience (Ephesians 2:1-2)
- Pray for God to reach through their hardened minds. (2 Corinthians 3:14)
- Pray for God to set the captives free (2 Timothy 2:26)
- Ask God to convict them of sin, righteousness, and judgement. (John 16:8)
- Pray they will become obedient to assemble (Hebrews 10:25)
- Pray they will overcome a possible bad church experience.
- Pray for the saved-that they would remain faithful in their walk with Christ.
- Pray that they would have hearts of compassion.
- Pray that they would obey the Lord
- The key is for the lost person's heart to be changed by the saving power of Christ. The acrostic HEART will help one remember to pray.
A. Pray for receptive HEARTS (see Luke 8:5, 12)
B. Pray for their spiritual EYES to be open (see Matt. 13:15, 2 Cor. 4:3-4)
C. Pray for God's ATTITUDE toward sin (see John 16:8)
D. Pray for the person to be RELEASED to believe (see 2 Cor. 10:3-4; 2 Tim. 2:25-26)
E. Pray for a TRANSFORMING life (see Rom. 12:1-2)
Everyday ideas of blessing/intentional acts of kindness.
- Take a welcome baskets to new neighbors and invite them to church.
- Buy a gift card at a restaurant you are at and give it to someone eating there.
- Ask you HOA if anyone is struggling and needs help resolving violations.
- Buy a meal for a homeless person and ask them to share their story and then share your testimony.
- Take goodies to the admin break room as an appreciation for the School Staff.
- Take cookie trays to business workers at the mall and witness.
- Adopt a Fire Station/Police Station to pray over them and bring lunch.
- Volunteer at a nursing home.
- Take dog food or cat food to an animal shelter.
- Volunteer to be a tutor in a public school.
- Offer to babysit for free.
- Paint nails or do makeup for ladies at a nursing home.
- Bake goods for someone down your street.
- Take up the neighbors trash cans.
- Pay for the person behind you at a drive-through.
- Buy a coworker coffee, a snack, or lunch unexpectedly.
- Meet the mailman with a bottle of water.
- Pray for and leave an extra big tip for your waiter/waitress.
- Let your staff leave work an hour early.
- Offer to return a shopping cart for someone loading a car.
- Let the person behind you in the grocery store go first.
- Slip some money to someone who you know is having financial difficulty.
- Take baked goods to a fire or police station.
- Visit the elderly in a nursing home.
- Host a free garage sale.
- Take a bag of groceries to a needy family.
- Invite neighbors over for dinner.
Jesus said the fields are ripe unto harvest, but the workers are few.
May our hearts be burdened and filled with compassion to love our neighbors loud.