How to Join First Baptist
We receive members into our family in the following ways.
On Profession Of Faith
You may come confessing your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Your baptism will be scheduled as soon as possible.
By Transfer Of Letter
You may become a member of our church by letter if you are presently a member of another Southern Baptist church. Simply state that when you come forward during the invitation.
By Statement Of Faith
If you have previously been a member of a Baptist church but you are presently a member of another denomination, or if you have been immersed in another church, you may become a part of us by a statement of your faith.
By Baptism From Another Denomination
If you are a Christian coming from another denomination but have not been immersed, you may come for baptism into our church. (This is in no way intended to question your prior Christian commitment, but is meant as a symbol of your identification with our church's beliefs and practice.)
To Join FBC
• Present yourself for membership by coming forward during the invitation time of a regular worship service to share your desire with the Pastor. We have counselors who will talk with you and complete a membership card.
• Attend our membership and orientation class, First Family. Adults who join the church are expected to attend our orientation class, First Family, before membership is officially approved by the church. We allow six months for the completion of First Family.
• You may present yourself for membership and then complete First Family or complete First Family then present yourself for membership. Either way is fine.
Why we ask adults to complete First Family.
1. We want to help you “Find Family” and “Follow Jesus.” The quickest way to help you on your spiritual journey is to let you know about the church and the opportunities that are available.
2.We want to adequately inform new members and prospective members about the church’s purpose, beliefs, and ministries. Optional attendance at “First Family” does not help us inform those who do not want to attend. Even though you may have been a member of another Baptist church, our church is not exactly the same.
3. We want to assist new members in becoming involved in ministry. First Family is the introduction to ministry involvement that concludes with the BodyLife ministry workshop.
4. Churches that have clear and high expectations of members are more successful in achieving their purposes.
For the First Family schedule, click here.
To register online for First Family, Please fill out my form.